What Should You Be Asking?
Retirees and pre-retirees in the education field have the added challenge of dealing with complex and ever-changing retirement benefits. For educators who have spent a lifetime helping others achieve their best, deciding to retire may involve a mix of emotions.You may be worried about whether you can afford to retire. You may feel ambivalent about leaving colleagues and a beloved profession. You may also wonder about what you will do when you are no longer working. We believe the most prudent course is to start thinking now about your retirement needs. We've developed this special guide to help teachers, administrators, and other professionals in the education field understand their options and strategize for a comfortable retirement.
1. When can I afford to retire?
2. How will I pay for health care in retirement?
3. What should I know about my retirement plan?
4. Should I consider a "buyout" or early-retirement package?
5. What does my dream retirement look like?
6. How can a financial representative help me?